Is this for you?
If you want to develop yourself into the type of person who has awesome health, it is!
If you're prepared to invest yourself in becoming a truly healthy eater and a lifelong exerciser, then heck yeah - this is for you!
Join the Health Habits Academy if you want to:
- take control of your eating habits and stay consistent eating ace food that makes your insides feel happy and energised.
- figure out what kind of exerciser you are and actually BECOME that person.
- change from someone who cares about their health but doesn’t do anything to support it, to someone who prioritises and takes action to improve it every. darn. day.
- understand yourself and where you’re getting in your own way. Not just helpful for health, this one, but you know, life and things too...
- uncover the triggers that set you on a health-destructive path and how to prevent them from sabotaging you. Had enough of your gremlins? Get involved!
- morph from someone who has to try and control their eating and exercise using external “rules” like calorie counts, 30 day plans and exercise fads, to being super confident in following your own body cues. Your body knows how this stuff works. Listen and you shall inherit
the earthyour best health.
- develop the health habits that suit you and your lifestyle down to the ground, that you can keep doing forever.
That's the key to this. Not "what can I stick to for 30, 60 or 90 days", but what can I create that'll see me healthily through to old age. You want to be a healthy old bird/dude, right? Yeah, me too! Learn this stuff now and get cracking building some brilliant "looking after myself" health superpowers!
What the Exuberant Health Habits Academy won’t do.
- This isn't a quick fix. It might be a short programme relatively speaking (it's 12 weeks in total), but it's just the jumping off point. You're going to work on what you learn for years to come. Awesome health, very much like Rome, wasn't built in a day. Or 30 days. Or even 90 days. You can improve every day of your life, if you want to.
- It won't work if you don't. We'll teach you what you need to know, but you need to take ACTION on what you learn, and KEEP TAKING ACTION for the rest of your life, for anything to change. ACTION. That's where it's at. CONSISTENT ACTION.
- Provide recipes. If that's what you're after, get down the library. However, if you want to understand food, your body and your relationship with food, so you can confidently make healthy meal choices every darn day, that's what we've got for you here at HHA.
- Provide workouts. There's no workout we could write that'll suit everyone. You might be a runner, the next person in through the doors might be a swimmer or a weight lifter. It doesn't matter - what you'll do at HHA is figure out how to make exercise part of your life, whatever that looks like for you. If you do need some help with the nuts and bolts of exercise, head over to the Personal Training page.
How does it work?
To really get on with the Health Habits Academy, you're gonna need to read! The material will be delivered by daily email. It’s drip fed to stop you getting overwhelmed and trying to travel the entire road in one fell swoop.
Every day, you’ll learn more. Over time, the complete story of how YOU make YOU a health NINJA will build.
Many of the emails will contain a short exercise for you to complete, to take the material off the page and into your life. You really need to engage with this material to get the best out of it. Don't just sit and read and nod your head thinking "hmm, isn't that interesting!". Get involved. This isn’t about learning a bunch of theory, it’s about taking action.
You’ll send those completed exercises to your coach (just by hitting Reply on the email, answering the questions or whatever, and then tapping on that Send button). Your coach will be working alongside you to help you get your head around what you’re learning. Any questions, send 'em Coach's way, because it's this coaching relationship that provides the support, encouragement, clarity and awesomeness that'll help you power forward each and every week.
Every Saturday, you get to take stock of what you’ve achieved. There are many ways you can measure your progress on this programme, because there are many ways you could improve your health and your skills. You’ll be in charge of picking what you measure, but you’ll be encouraged you to think outside of the obvious weight and clothing size boxes. Health is SO much more than that!
Every Saturday, you’ll choose an action to focus on in the upcoming week, based on what you’re learning and what you know you need to do to improve your health. This is a “choose your own adventure” kinda course. Instead of presenting you with a pre-defined set of habits to learn, you can choose what you need to work on. If you don’t know, no worries - your coach and the material you’ll be reading will help point you in the right direction.
Sound like it's for you? Awesome - get involved!
The doors will be open till Monday 24th April for anyone wanting to join for the May intake. Once that date has passed you'll not be able to join again till the next intake, as we'll be busy getting the pre-course necessaries done before class begins for real on Monday May 1st!